An Online Music and Movement Retreat
from Teaching With Orff
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the retreat?
- Our retreat will be held Monday July 27 – Thursday July 30, 2020. We encourage you to block out the full days in your calendar to get the most from your retreat experience. We want you to immerse yourself in this experience and use your downtime for contemplation and homework – not grocery shopping.
How will we gather for this retreat?
- As it is not possible for us to gather in person, we will gather together on Zoom. There will be time scheduled for the entire group to come together, time for small group work facilitated by one of our guides, and downtime for free exploration, reflection, and homework. Our team is committed to providing an artful and nourishing online experience for our community. Click here to see our daily schedule.
Will sessions be recorded?
- No. To honor the integrity and intimacy of the retreat experience, our sessions will not be recorded.
Will professional development be available?
- Yes. At the completion of the retreat, participants will receive a certificate of completion for 28 contact hours.
Will college credit be available?
- We intend to partner with Ashland University for those who would like the option of earning 1 hour of college credit. More details on additional fees and registration coming soon.
Who will be leading the retreat?
- Our morning and evening large group sessions will be facilitated by Roger Sams and Michelle Marie. Our small group sessions will be led by Drue Bullington, K. Michelle Lewis, Beth Melin Nelson, David Thaxton, and Judith Thompson-Barthwell. Click here to learn more about our guides.
What if I have technical difficulties?
- We will provide all participants with a helpline number to call or text during the retreat for assistance with any technical difficulties.
This sounds wonderful, but I have more questions.
- If you have other questions about our online retreat, please send us a note at email@example.com and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.
Click here to return to the main registration page for our online retreat.