Community

How to Use EVERNOTE to Organize Session Notes

EVERNOTE 101 Access Session Notes Anytime and Anywhere!   Evernote is a Note Tracking Tool that can be either web based or synced across devices. It allows for organization, sharing and collaborative editing of information. Evernote is available as a free application, but it is the paid versions that actually enables full functionality especially in… Read more »

Love, Gratitude, and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!

We are truly grateful for the opportunity to connect with and support so many amazing music educators across the country. Your dedication to your students inspires us, and your commitment to music and movement education makes the world a better place. Teaching With Orff began as a desire to connect with and encourage music educators across… Read more »

Making It Work: Self-Care for Music Educators

Self-Care For Music Educators in December December is a crazy time for music educators. There is a lot on our plates. We are still teaching all of our regular classes as well as preparing for a concert (or five), with all of the details and logistics that go along with that. Many of us have… Read more »

Why Creative Movement in Music Class?

Why Creative Movement in Music Class? Last week we shared how to begin using creative movement with your students. This week Judith Thompson-Barthwell shares why including creative movement is an important part of an Orff-Inspired curriculum. Creativity does not occur in a void! Teach directive lessons to give specific material for exploration Let students experiment with… Read more »

Make Room For Music: Photo Contest Winners

Make Room for Music: Photo Contest Winners Thank you to everyone who submitted an entry in our recent Make Room For Music photo contest. We loved seeing all of the innovative and creative ways you have organized and decorated your classrooms for your students. We also loved hearing why you love teaching with Orff! With so… Read more »

Making It Work: Positive Procedures

Positive Procedures As you anticipate returning to the classroom this fall, do you find yourself wondering how to better manage student behavior? Are you asking yourself how to get your students to stay engaged with your lessons and stop all of that talking and goofing around? Harry Wong states in his book, The First Days… Read more »

Making It Work: Long Range Planning

Making It Work: Getting Started With Long Range Planning When I began my teaching career I was working in a large county school district, on a cart, in three schools with almost no resources before the dawn of the Internet. I would hear about teachers who were “long range planning” and was completely mystified as… Read more »